There are plenty of foods across the globe to wax poetic about and certainly some that we would never wish on our worst enemy.
Twice a year, all of the above can be found and sourced at the NASFT Fancy Food Show. With 800+ exhibitors offering 56,000+ products in over 160,000 square feet of exhibits and buyers from every major U.S. channel—from Dean & Deluca to Target.
Here's our take the emerging categories and products:
- Water 2.0- a increasing number of bottled water manufacturers offering new minerals, herbs, flavors and vitamins available from name brands and new comers.
- Big showing for the bottled, loose leaf and silken-pouched tea. Our favorite packaging for 3 years running: Tea Forte.
- The Italian pavilion continues to be a big draw for everything that Italy does best: specialty cheese, panettone, olive oil, wine, and meats. New vendors from Sicily and Puglia were a great addition.
- Increasing number of organic/natural foods and Indian meals (Ayurvedically-balanced, traditional, heat-and-serve)
- Manufacturers are attempting to replicate Fran's salted caramel chocolates.